The guide for Red Dead Redemption 2 is a compendium of knowledge about the new Rockstar Games production. In our guide you will find a variety of tips, information and hints that will allow you to learn more about the rules of the game, and to discover all the secrets it hides.
The first pages of the guide are dedicated to starting tips and other hints on how to learn the most important game mechanics. This includes such topics as traveling around the world, combat, taking on new missions, meeting companions in camps or engaging in side activities, such as hunting. Our guide to RDR 2 features also a FAQ section. It informs, among other things, how to use the fast-travel mechanics, how romance NPCs or how to repeat missions in order try out various paths and dialogue options or win the gold medals.
A large part of our guide is devoted to the Red Dead Redemption 2 walkthrough, which describes all the main story missions together with information about the choices appearing therein and the requirements for winning gold medals. However, the guide does not skip the optional tasks, which can be dealt with between the advancements to the main plot of the game, such as robberies or fishing. There is also a page devoted to the rather unusual form of our protégées' economic activity - loansharking.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game with a huge open world and therefore our guide wouldn't be complete without an extensive world atlas. It contains a map of the world, on which we have marked all the most important locations, cottages, gang hideouts and hidden treasures. The guide should help you to find all the secrets and collectibles, which include collector cards, dinosaur bones, legendary animals and recipes.
Our guide for RDR 2 is complemented by a chapter on how to reach 100% completion of Red Dead Redemption - we provide a complete list of activities required to fully complete the game. Among them there are side missions related to strangers, bounty hunting and random encounters with people in the game world. On the following pages you will also find some advice on gambling, in which you will be able to take part in RDR 2. These will be: poker, blackjack, dominoes, as well as five fingers fillet. We have also prepared a trophy guide that will allow you to unlock all available trophies and game achievements. Each trophy has a detailed description of the requirements to unlock it and a comment on how it can be easily done.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 in a nutshell
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Map
- Trophies and Achievements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PC system requirements
Red Dead Redemption 2 in a nutshell
Rockstar made us wait a long time for the continuation of this amazing franchise. The first part was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 18, 2010. The game received high scores and overall acclaim, won the favor of both - the gaming press and players. After eight years Rockstar Games returns to the topic, but this time the story takes us back in time (RDR2 is a prequel). The famous Dutch van der Linde's gang is forced to fight for survival as a result of an unsuccessful attack in Blackwater. The main character, Arthur Morgan, has to make decisions that will allow him and the whole gang to survive.
RDR2 is still a third person perspective (TPP) game, although the developers have also added the ability to use the FPP view. Of course, the well-known Dead Eye bullet time system, which allows for quick elimination of several enemies, returns in this part. The prequel is still an open and seamless world game, and the map of the world is literally huge. The world is bigger than in GTA5, and the creators revealed that in the second part of the map known from the first part of Red Dead Redemption, we can also visit New Austin and Armadillo. RDR2 runs on GTA 5 engine, but has been significantly improved for the new project. Engine of the game will use, among other things, the benefits of the Euphoria system, i.e. 3D animation of a character designed by NaturalMotion, covering the whole figure or body muscles. For example, thanks to this, enemies die extremely realistically and spectacularly.
Red Dead Redemption 2 also has a multiplayer mode. The so-called Red Dead Online will start after the game premiere (in November as a beta). Also, in the multiplayer mode there will be references and some storyline background. The premiere of Red Dead Online will take place in January 2010 on PS4 and XONE consoles.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Map
Red Dead Redemption 2 map is a huge one, much bigger than the one we know from GTA 5. You will be able to visit the whole map known from the first part of RDR - most probably you will perish or get lost many times. From towns and settlements to mountain peaks, endless fields, canyons and deserts - RDR 2 map is large enough to introduce fast travel systems (e.g. train). A faithful horse, of course, will be useful for crossing wild trails.
Trophies and Achievements
The trophy guide will help you unlock all your achievements and trophies in Red Dead Redemption 2. Each demanding trophy is described on separate pages of our guide, and the tips will make it much more enjoyable (and easier!) in mastering the game. With this tutorial you will be able to get platinum master trophy in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ section of this guide - "I have a problem and look for answers", is a collection of the most important questions you can ask about RDR 2. We collected the most important problems and answered them objectively. Will RDR2 have a PC version? What editions of the game can we buy? These and other questions are answered below.
- What editions of Red Dead Redemption 2 are available?
- Will Red Dead Redemption 2 have a season pass?
- Can I play in Red Dead Redemption 2 offline?
- Is Red Dead Redemption 2 a prequel of the first title?
- Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on PC?
- Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch?
- Is there a Multiplayer Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Is there a Zombie Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Is there an FPP view in Red Dead Redemption?
- How long is Red Dead Redemption 2?
- How enormous is the world in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- What is the PEGI rating of Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Are there any Indians in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- When will Red Dead Redemption 2 be released on the Epic Games Store?
- When will Red Dead Redemption 2 be released on Steam?
What editions of Red Dead Redemption 2 are available?
Red Dead Redemption will be released on PS4 and XBOX ONE in three editions, each of which you can buy before the premiere.
If you purchase RDR2 before the premiere you will receive an additional:
- War Horse - an Ardennes horse of grey color. The war horse is sturdy and is not afraid of the bang of shots, so it will not throw off its rider during the fight;
- The Outlaw Survival Kit - a collection of key supplies that include items to replenish Health, Dead Eye and more.
Additionally, if you buy RDR2 pre-order in digital version, you will receive:
- Cash bonus for RDR 2 Story Mode - a lot of money that can be used to buy weapons and other equipment during story mode;
- Treasure map (game must have been pre-ordered by August 15, 2018) - there is a great treasure with a lot of cash in RDR2. This map helps you in finding it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Special Edition contains:
- A bonus mission with an assault on a bank and a new hiding place in the story mode;
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred - ultimate stallion with an exclusive saddle;
- Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses - among other things, they increase perception and reduce damage while riding on horseback;
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts - thanks to them Arthur will be more durable and able to use Dead Eye for longer. During the attacks you will also earn more money. In addition, if you want to improve your gang camp, you will get a discount;
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit - this outfit for the main character was inspired by bandits from across the southern border. It consists of a black cowboy hat, an indigo coat, and worn-out jeans;
- Free Access to Additional Weapons - bonus weapon: three models to be used in Story Mode: Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ultimate Edition contains:
- All the above bonuses from the special edition;
- Bonus Outfits - 2 bonus outfits for Red Dead Online, Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit and Copperhead Enforcer Outfit;
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred + cowboy saddle for Red Dead Online;
- Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme - thanks to this bonus you will be able to change the appearance of your camp for free into a "survival" theme;
- Additional Weapons - Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle for Online Mode;
- Rank Bonuses - get ranks faster in Online Mode.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Edition contains:
- RDR2 Collector's Box - red steelbook (without game);
- Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key;
- Collectable Challenge Coin - engraved gold collector coin with an image of a buffalo and landscape;
- Double Sided Puzzle - 100-piece wooden puzzle depicting the Saint Denis port and the Rockstar Games logo;
- Six Shooter Bandana - red, outlaw bandana;
- Treasure Map - reveals the location of the buried treasure;
- Pin Set - 6 clip pins representing a weapon;
- Playing Cards - a deck of playing cards with images of van der Linde gang members: Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Javier Escuella, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde;
- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue - illustrated catalogue of weapons and outfits to be found in the game;
- Twelve Cigarette Cards - are material equivalents of cards that you can find in the game. It contains images of characters and motifs from the game.
Will Red Dead Redemption 2 have a season pass?
No, Rockstar Games did not announce a season pass, just like in the case of the release of GTA5. Perhaps it means that Rockstar does not plan any DLC to single player mode and after the release of Red Dead Online will focus only on releasing DLC to multiplayer.
Can I play in Red Dead Redemption 2 offline?
It is hard to say - currently the developer has not revealed whether we will be able to run the game on consoles without the requirement of permanent Internet connection. Of course, Red Dead Online will require permanent access to the network.
Is Red Dead Redemption 2 a prequel of the first title?
Yes, the events in RDR2 were set in 1899, they precede the events from the first part. In the second title the Dutch van der Linde gang still exists, and it includes the main character of the first part, John Marston, as well as the main character of this title - Arthur. Marston is still an active member of the gang at that time, and the whole game tells the story of a breakdown and collapse of a criminal group and explains what exactly led Marston to abandon the path of crime.
Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on PC?
At the moment neither the game developer nor the publisher has taken an official statement on this issue. However, some press leaks as well as general trends in the gaming market suggest that this version of the game will also be released in the future. On the release day (26.10.2018) the game was available only on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch?
At the moment neither the game developer nor the publisher has taken an official statement on this issue. Although the game seems to be too technically advanced to work on the Nintendo console, some industry experts still hope for such a version. They point to the successful transfer to the Nintendo platform of such complex titles as Doom, Wolfenstein 2 or Rockstar's LA Noir. Another possibility is to make Red Dead Redemption 2 available to Switch users via streaming service, as will be the case with Assassin's Creed Odyssey. On the release day (26.10.2018), the game was only available on Xbox One and PlayStation.
Is there a Multiplayer Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
Yes, the game has a Multiplayer Mode called Red Dead Online. However, it will be available to users after the official release of the game (beta mode will probably start in November 2018). At the moment, Rockstar has not released any details about the online game mechanics.
Is there a Zombie Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
At the moment there is no official information about the zombie mode for this title, known from the first part as the Undead Nightmares Challenge. However, given the great interest of game recipients in such mode, it cannot be ruled out that it will be added in one of the planned DLCs.
Is there an FPP view in Red Dead Redemption?
The game has a fully-fledged first person view system. In PlayStation 4 version, the player can change the view "on the fly" using a touchpad integrated with the controller. In addition to TPP and FPS views, the player can also watch the gameplay using a cinematic camera known from Rockstar games.
How long is Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to information provided by one of the game's creators, Dan Houser, Red Dead Redemption 2 should provide you at least 60 hours of fun. However, there is no precise data on what aspects of the game and how many side activities are able to extend the overall gameplay.
How enormous is the world in Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to the producers of the game, the map on which the game will be played is the biggest in the Rockstar studio's history. In practice, it means that the map will have more than 127 square kilometers, as in the previous "biggest" game of this developer - Grand Theft Auto V.
What is the PEGI rating of Red Dead Redemption 2?
The European raiting agency PEGI has rated the latest Rockstar game as only for adult audiences (rating 18+).
Are there any Indians in Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to the creators of the game, the native population of the North American continent will not play a leading role in the story presented in Red Dead Redemption 2. This is fully in line with historical realities - in the year 1899 (time used in the game), practically all Indians stayed in special, closed reserves. The percentage of indigenous U.S. citizens was negligible.
When will Red Dead Redemption 2 be released on the Epic Games Store?
According to Rockstar Games, the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on November 5. The Epic Games Store pre-orders start on October 23. The pre-order comes with a bonus - 25 gold bars in Red Dead Online.
When will Red Dead Redemption 2 be released on Steam?
Rockstar Games announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 will also appear on Steam. However, the PC version on Steam will be available in December. No exact date was given. It is also unknown how the issue of bonuses will be resolved.
PC system requirements
To be able to run Red Dead Redemption 2 on the minimum settings, you should have at least the following PC:
- System: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: 2GB GeForce GTX 770 / 3GB Radeon R9 280 or better
- Drive space: 150 GB
About Red Dead Redemption 2 Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras & Grzegorz "Alban3k" Misztal for gamepressure.com
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Rockstar Games
- publisher: Rockstar Games
- platform: PS4, XONE
More About Red Dead Redemption 2
Most good games let us play as distinctive, memorable characters. Here's a list of some of the best protagonists from the games of the last decade or so.
In an industry that has a bee in the bonnet about "hard moral choices" for a good few years now, few developers can get this difficult element right. But there's at least one studio you could learn from.
The holidays are a great time to revisit our favorite games. So, I decided to take this opportunity to once again dive into the world of RDR2 � the best game in the history of electronic entertainment.
Open worlds and single player sandboxes are a great way to lose 100 hours out of your life. Here are the best open world games you can play in 2021 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox and Switch.
The longer, the better? If you think so, we've prepared a list of some of the longest single-player games that will keep you engaged for weeks or months.